The Odd Designs Of American Currency

AN ARTICLE ON core77.com caught my eye today.  It features some of the more interesting designs of American currency in the late-nineteenth century through early-twentieth century.

Some of my favorites are:

This amazing five-dollar bill from 1896.  I love this one because the text is just gorgeous and they were still hanging on to the Roman numerals (which, I still think would look nice).


This one's a bit more strange.  This bizarre art-deco thing they were going for doesn't quite work.  It certainly doesn't fit into the style that had been evolving for some time.  It's like a b-side to the currency of the day.

Anyway, there's a whole bunch more on that article I liked.  I recommend checking it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#90: "Goodfellas" (1990)

Senator Robert La Follette

The Me Conspiracy